Bless their hearts, but people keep asking, "So, when are you going to have kids". To which I respond with what I'm sure is a confounded look and simply smile and say, "I don't know...we'll see". I know every newly married couple gets this often, but OMG, chill out! It'll happen! I was explaining to my good friend, Erin, the other day. It's like we're stuck in 1950 and that's all the "little woman" does is make babies now. Don't get me wrong, I'm so excited to have kids and I can't wait. Hold on, I can wait, at least another year!
I never dreamed there would be so much adjusting after the wedding. JD and I were together all the time before we were married, but now, somehow, it's different. Not bad, just different. I'm very aware now of every move I make or action I take. Now, it affects two of us. Interesting dichotomy - marriage. So far, so good. I think marriage agrees with me.
BUT....
This summer has been a hot one. I probably don't have to tell most of you that. It's been at or over 100 degrees for over 30 days now. I don't know about you, but when I get hot, I get cranky. I really can't stand this heat. Not to mention that when you go into stores now they all have their fall lines out. This makes me sick. I think my overall happiness is better when it's not 113, but somehow I've learning to manage. I've been in Texas 5 years now, and somehow, I've gotten used to it. I can't imagine what the summer will look like when we do have children - i picture something like waking them up at 2am so they can go outside and play before it gets too hot. Really, anything after 6am is dangerous!
Work has been going well, but both of us have been going through challenging seasons in our careers. We are learning who we are and who we are not. We love our jobs at Baylor and wouldn't dare leave. It's just no fun being an adult sometimes. I'm learning to keep my mouth shut when necessary and to walk away when necessary - skills that are all essential in adulthood, I think. I'm not so great at it yet, but I'm learning. Mom and dad would be proud. (If I only had that skill as a teenager/young adult, my 20's probably would have been a lot easier!)
I also made my first trip to Seattle, WA this summer. It was beautiful and cool, and beautiful. I definitely would have stayed if JD would have come. Too much like Vancouver not to stay. Here are some pictures from the trip!

1 comment:
We're going to Casey's family reunion over Labor Day, and I've decided to keep a tally of how many times the baby question gets asked. Ughhhhh!!!!
Having your own "me" time will save your sanity. Watching one of "my" TV shows is very therapeutic. I can't believe it's already been 4 months. Wowza. I miss you guys!
Post a Comment